(For the original 7 Quick Takes, check out Jen’s blog here!)
1. The Super Bowl is in two days! Go Steelers! We’re actually heading over to Philadelphia today (about a 5 hour drive) to visit my brother and brother-in-law and my sister-in-law; and although I love them so, so much, I would really hate for some weather-related event to keep us there until Sunday evening…because for a Pittsburgh fan, there is no worse fate (other than having to stay in Baltimore) than having to be in Philadelphia for a Steelers game.
2. Or a hockey game, for that matter. Flyers fans are no joke, and to say they hate the Penguins fans is kind of an understatement. I haven’t yet been, but I’ve heard that in Philly the Flyers fans throw around stuffed penguins with KNIVES in them around the arena. Yikes.
3. For absolutely no good reason whatsoever, I’ve been watching this on repeat before going to work every morning. Ain’t nothing better to jam out to on the headphones at 5:45 a.m., I’m telling you.
4. I missed yoga the last couple of weeks because I was sick, and returned to the studio on Monday. Wow. We could talk about being sore for a minute, but…that word won’t quite do. But it also feels awesome, and I love it, and I’m sad that I have to wait until Monday to go again. Although I bet there wouldn’t be any harm in executing some Warrior 2s and Upward Dogs during the Big Game; it might save me from nearly fainting from glee, the way I nearly did two years ago when we won then.
5. I wish there were an easier way to color your own hair. I did mine this morning and I’m sure I missed whole patches again, the way I tend to do every few months. I look like I’ve got the mange. But it covers up the grays, so I guess it’ll do. I just don’t want to have to pay $40 to get it done professionally. My neighbor used to do it before she moved (my hair wasn’t why she moved), but now there’s no one around to get all up in my scalp for free.
6. Starbucks tip of the week: Peppermint Mochas are advertised as a holiday drink, but we have them all year round, so you don’t have to ask if we still have them. We will! 🙂
7. I’ll be away for a few days, so have an awesome weekend! Go Steelers!